C: now I didn’t actually get tagged to do this, but saw this on Katies Blog (Plus+Beauty), and thought it was a great idea! Basically, you have to pick 16 products that you would first re-buy if you lost all of your make up collection – the perfect post for someone that is new to make up and wants to start a capsule collection of the essentials! I have tried to include a mixture of drugstore and higher end products, and haven’t included brushes etc just make up, so lets get started:
1. Rimmel BB Cream in Matte – a bb cream is an essential in my make up bag now, for those days when a full face of make up isn’t necessary. For the drugstore price, this is perfect! It covers imperfections and doesn’t irritate my skin. Perfect for any bb cream/foundation newbie (it does need a setting powder though!) (Check out my previous review here)
2. Mac Matchmaster Foundation – my current favourite foundation that is one of the only ones I have ever repurchased. Although expensive compared to some, this lasts absolutely ages and I love using it.
3. Benefit boi-ing Concealer – another repurchase here for me. This is too thick for me all the time, but when I am having a break out I cannot cope without this. It literally covers anything and everything, and lasts all day.
4. Benefit Professional Primer – probably not an essential for other people who do not have problem pores, but it is for me on a night out/occasion. I don’t use this every day, but it really does help create a flawless base and make up lasts much longer. (For a full review click here)
5. ELF High Definition Powder – I wasn’t sure on this when I first bought it, as if you use too much you end up with a white moon face. But now I have got the hang of it I love it. Seriously. Love. It sets my foundations perfectly and keeps shine/make up slip at bay all day!
6. ELF Eyebrow Kit – now I will be honest, this is the only eyebrow product I have ever tried, but it works so well I have never felt inclined to try any others. Sister in law assures me it is comparable to Benefits Browzings at a fraction of the price, perfect.
7. Benefits Hoola Bronzer – another blogger favourite, that is perfect for pale skin. Easy to blend, not orange and gives a lovely contour. I have been using the sample size in the photo for about a year now, and still haven’t hit pan, so it is well worth the investment!
8. The Balms Mary Lou Manizer Highlighter – another cult beauty product that I also love! Gives a beauty glow that lasts all day – review here if you are interested!
9. Mac Blusher in Stay Pretty – it was hard to pick a blusher, but I love all the ones I have tried from Mac and I think this is my favourite colour. It is so girly and pink, but looks super natural if blended well.
10. Benefit Stay Don’t Stray Eyeshadow Primer – never thought I would be the type of person to have an eyeshadow primer on my essentials list! But seriously, this is some good stuff. It enhances the colour/pigmentation of your eyeshadow, reduces creasing and makes it last longer.
11. Rimmel Eyeliner – I don’t have a favourite eyeliner, but I always have a black one to hand, and normally buy them from Rimmel, Cheap and do the job.
12. Rimmel Glameyes Liquid Eyeliner – super black, easy to apply and I am not allergic like I am to most other liquid liners. This is a constant repurchase for me, and I am not sure what I would do if they discontinued it!
13. Urban Decay, Naked Basics Palettes – its UD and a neutral palette. Enough said when compiling an essentials list.
14. Benefit They’re Real Mascara – another product I have previously reviewed and love. Click here if you want to have a read!
15. Model Co Lipstick in Kitty – my favourite every day lipstick. It is super comfortable on the lips, lasts a long time and is perfect for any occasion. This lipstick sparked off my love of lipsticks!
16. MUA lipstick in Shade 01 – a capsule make up collection is not complete until you have a nice red lipstick in there. This costs £1 and is the biggest bargain ever for such a beautiful lip colour.
So there are my essentials! Any you agree/disagree with? Would love to hear! #twolittleowls