C: hey lovelies… welcome to my final trimester update (you can see my posts about the 1st and 2nd Trimesters here and here if you are interested)! I literally cannot believe I am basically full term now… its crazy/apparently I am going to have a baby soon. Who knew being pregnant meant you had a baby at the end? I sure as hell forgot, cooking babies takes WAY too long. So anyway, lets get on with my third trimester experiences.
1. you thought your belly had got big in the second trimester? Seriously, somehow it just keeps on growing and growing and growing and growing… and you get the idea. Its massive and by the time you get to about 35 weeks you have forgotten what having a flat stomach ever felt like.
2. Talking of an ever expanding stomach? The stretch marks you have bragged about avoiding? They are coming for you. With a vengeance! The creams all lied and so did the idiots who said if your mum didn’t get any then you wouldn’t – I wrote a whole post about it here if you fancy.
3. You will forget how to sleep. Everyone tells you to rest whilst you can, but in between trying to get comfy, the need to wee every half an hour and the leg cramps? Its near on impossible. Naps are the answer and your new best friend.
4. Baby kicks felt lovely before (they didn’t for me, they still freak me out a bit even though I love them at the same time)? Well they won’t anymore! Baby runs out of room and you will feel like your insides are a punch bag/your skin might break if they move one more time.
5. Then they don’t move for a whole ten minutes and you assume the worst, drink all the cold drinks etc just so they move and hurt again. Excellent.
6. MATERNITY LEAVE! WAHOOOOO! The first couple of weeks are excellent. You clean, you make babies room look nice, you cook fun stuff…
7. and then you get bored. And stroppy that you don’t have a baby yet and its taking too long.
8. Suddenly everyone in the world has given birth to beautiful babies and posted their photos all over Facebook to tease/taunt you that you haven’t had one yet.
9. Everywhere you go people either give you pitying looks or stare at you like you are a bomb about to go off. Especially if you have Braxton Hicks in the supermarket… that really scares them.
10. Talking of Braxton Hicks… they aren’t very nice either. Even before labour you get some nice practice contractions to hint at the pain/delights that are to come. I would personally prefer to be blissfully unaware, but apparently this is your bodies way of practicing. Fabulous.
11. The thought of giving birth gets a little bit more scary/real and yet you are so desperate to see your baby and not be pregnant that you are also looking forward to it at the same time.
12. You know the old wives tales (yes we are talking long walks, all the sexy time, pineapple, curry… you get the idea) are probably a load of rubbish, but you decide that giving them all a go anyway(apart from the sex ones obvs, thats what got you into this mess in the first place), even though you know they aren’t going to work. No point risking it eh?
13. You watch One Born Every Minute religiously as “revision” whilst pointing out to the boyfriend (who you have also made watch it) what male behaviour you are witnessing is acceptable and which definitely is not.
14. You have a baby shower and then suddenly you realise that you completely over bought on clothes and your unborn child has more clothes to wear in their first 0-3 months than you have in your entire wardrobe.
15. And then apparently… you have a baby? Who knew? (Although I’m deffo still waiting impatiently for mine/probably will be pregnant forever)
So has anyone else had similar third trimester experiences? I shall post up a birth post if anyone is interested? I don’t want to scare you all, and won’t share unnecessary gory details, but am happy to write a post on it if anyone is interested? Let me know! #twolittleowls