A & C: this summer we both have quite different goals/what we want to achieve, but its nice to have some plans on what we want to do over the summer months so thought we would share ours with you!
C: Obviously, if you are a regular reader of this blog you would know that I am pretty preggo now as I am due in September, so I am now on maternity leave – wahooo! So here is my list of things I want to do before my life is taken over by babies, feeds and dirty nappies!
1. Baking/Cooking! I never get time anymore to bake or spend an afternoon making a really nice meal. I am sure I won’t feel up to this all the time, but I can’t wait to actually have some spare time to make a nice cake or even make some jam/chutneys (which I love making!)
2. Read! No one ever has time for reading properly do they? I am hoping to make the most of the lovely summer weather (which probably will last about another week at the most realistically) and sit outside whilst I relax with some good books – recommendations welcome please!
3. Go to the beach! I love the beach, I don’t go in the water as I am pretty convinced I will die in a freak shark attack… but I love it all the same. Fish and chips, 2p machines, dinky doughnuts and walks in the sunshine? Yes please! I am determined to go this year before I get too tired out!
4. Take photos in the sunshine of some preggo OOTD’s! I am really disappointed in myself for not doing any of these yet. I would love to be able to look at other preggo styles/get some ideas on what to wear so I definitely need to do a few of these whilst the weather is perfect for photos! In fact I might get Annie to help me this weekend!
5. Finish unpacking my spare bedroom and therefore have space to do some crafts! I want to make some cushions for the nursery and some bunting – another project that Annie will have to help me with! Will definitely do some how-to posts on these badboys if I persuade her to help me!
A: I have a love/hate relationship with Summer, I love the warm evenings and days spent in the garden – but the super hot days just aren’t for me, so here are my plans/tips for staying cool!
1. Watch the sunsets. I’m well aware that this sounds soppy and ridiculous but we live in a part of the UK that’s incredibly flat which means the sunsets are epic. And our garden allows for amazing views because we are surrounded by fields. I love to end a hectic day sat down the bottom of our garden with a book, a cat and maybe (probably) a glass of wine. It’s super peaceful and so good for relaxing!
2. Slip and slides! Quite often on a weekend we end up with our niece and nephew playing in the garden, and after a full on couple of hours running around like crazies in the sun, what better way is there to cool down than a slip and slide?!
3. Wear orange lipstick! It’s one of my favourite colours to wear but it is pretty daring, especially with orange hair! But I love the way it looks so I need to push myself.
4. Go for walks. I really need to do this one, I’ve been eating healthily and being really good but I think going for some walks will make me feel even better. But I love being at home far too much and never want to leave the house!
5. Go camping. Another problem caused by not wanting to leave the house! We have a beautiful old campervan called Jeremy which we’ve used a couple of times this year, but we definitely need to have a few more long weekends away before it gets too chilly!
6. Last one I promise, but it’s an important one – make jam! One of my favourite things to do in the summer and if I’m lucky it lasts into the winter too! Will be posting recipes as soon as I make some!
What are your plans this summer? Let us know if you have any recommendations! #twolittleowls