C: now I know most of you lovely followers aren’t going to be that interested in hearing all the gory details about being preggo. But unfortunately I can’t do something this exciting and not blog about it at all… so you will have to put up with it. However, I am just doing a trimester sort of thing… so you will only have to put up with 3 (and maybe a post about the birth if its horrendous/anything funny happens). So here is what I have learnt so far:
1. The first 12 weeks is pretty much like a permanent hunger hangover. I have never been pregnant before, but I have often been hungover and it is the only thing I can compare it to. You will be super tired, have a headache and feel sick, yet want to eat everything all the time.
2. You are meant to eat super healthy but all you want to eat is toast/crumpets and all things that are not good for you. I forced myself to eat healthy at first, but it made me super ill so I gave up and just ate what I fancied until the morning sickness died down. Don’t feel guilty about it, you are taking vitamins… you will feel better soon and be able to eat normally again!
3. You won’t poo. Ever. Soz but its true. A diet consisting of toast also doesn’t help.
4. By the time you have got showered/dressed in the morning you will be ready for a nap again. When you wake up from your nap you will be super hangry…. by the time you have eaten its time for your next nap. Just roll with it, I have heard babies don’t sleep much so get as much sleep in whilst you can!
5. Once people find out they will tell you either horrendously boring stories about their children that you aren’t interested in, or tell you horror stories about giving birth. These are more interesting… but also something you don’t want to listen to.
6. You will start watching one born every minute as “revision”.
7. You will see babies everywhere. One minute you want to squeeze them/put them in your handbag and run… the next minute you freak out and think OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE and try and escape from the evil children that are everywhere.
8. Eating takeaway/fast food and thinking “its okay, I’m pregnant. Baby needs chips” one minute, then the next weighing yourself and moaning you are fat. Then going to have a piece of toast to make yourself feel better about it.
9. Loads of people will be telling you how lovely it is to be pregnant/how you will start to feel better soon whilst you just want to punch them in the face as you still feel rubbish now and the second trimester is AGES away.
10. Panicking as you are suddenly in the second trimester and you haven’t bought anything yet/you are over a third cooked and it has gone too fast!
Seriously. Being pregnant is the weirdest/best/worst thing ever. Obviously everyones pregnancy is different, others may have different symptoms or not be as grumpy as me or have a fabulous time… but let us know if you agree or disagree with any of these experiences! Can’t wait to hear about all of your first trimesters! #twolittleowls