A: Okay, so this has taken me a while to write because I was pretty disappointed when I opened my box this month, but when Chloe told me what she had received in her box (see it here), I was super disappointed. I understand that all Birchbox’s are different, and it’s always a bit of a gamble, but our April boxes were really different! So here is mine:
1. Yes to Cucumbers Facial Wipes (£4.99 for full size). This is a sample size, containing 10 towels. I’m probably being biased but I really hate the smell of cucumbers, so I gave them straight to Chloe. They smell so strong, I couldn’t even use them!! I felt like these should have been the ‘lifestyle extra’ this month, instead of the Propercorn.
2. the Balm Cosmetics How ‘Bout Them Apples Cheek and Lip Cream (£26 for full size), another sample size which is really small. It’s a really bright red, which is nice for spring and isn’t too greasy but I have found it doesn’t last long as a Lip cream at all.
3. Campos de Ibiza Almendra Body Milk (£16.55 for full size). Yep, this is another sample size. This was the most disappointing product; the packaging, the smell and the size of the product is like something you’d get free in a hotel. It doesn’t really smell of anything, and it isn’t particularly nice to use, plus it doesn’t hydrate my skin.
4. Colour Club Gala’s Gems Nail Polish (£15 for a set of 4). I think this is a full size product, but it is pretty small. This is the one item I really liked from this months box, but it’s a nail varnish – as far as nail varnishes go, I’m pretty easy to please. It’s a really lovely blue colour, and it is a thick consistency which gives a good coat – not something you get too often with pastel varnishes. Very happy with this product.
5. Lord & Berry Couture Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil (£10 for full size). This sample is tiny- like really really small! When I find an eyeliner I like, I tend to use it every day so I have a feeling that I will use this pretty quickly. It lasts all day, but I don’t find that eyeliners differ particularly from one to the next, it’s just an eyeliner after all?
6. Lifestyle Extra – Propercorn Fiery Worcester Sauce and Tomato (90p for full size). This is a full size product, but not something that I’m really a fan of. I opened them, tried one and then gave them to my boyfriend. Worcester Sauce flavour popcorn is a bit of a strange concept for me.
So all in all, a bit of a boring box this month. I haven’t been very happy about any of my Birchbox’s recently and I really don’t like giving bad reviews but I do think I should be honest, so I have been. It has certainly made me think about looking into other beauty box subscriptions, but on the plus side I did email Birchbox and explain how disappointed I was in the differences between our boxes and they added 50 points to my balance – so its not all bad.
What did you think to your #birchbox this month? #twolittleowls