A & C: We received our February Birchboxes this week, a little earlier than usual which was a nice surprise (we love post, especially fun post). So we thought we would show you what we got and give our first impressions!
Firstly Birchboxes come in a cute box (see our previous reviews on our tip for recycling them/tidying your makeup draw) and a little drawstring bag which makes the beauty box seem more luxury and exciting we think! It also comes with a card on whats in your box and how to use them, which are super useful for quick checks and remembering what items you received. so on to the items…
1. Leighton Denny nail varnish in Maneater – a full size product worth £11. We love nail varnish (I needed a new black so that was good timing) and this basically pays for the box! Only just tried the nail varnish so can’t comment on how long it lasts but it applies and dries beautifully.
2. Eyeko Skinny Black Eyeliner – full size is £12. Annie doesn’t like this and described it as applying “like a worn out felt tip” but could see how it would be good for precision lining. I really liked it and found it easy to apply so I suppose this depends on personal preference.
3. Beauty Protector Oil – full size is £16. I loved their detangling/conditioning spray so I am looking forward to trying it, but quite disappointed in how small this sample is. I have so much hair I doubt I will get enough uses to see how effective this is.
4. Gilchrist & Soames Shower gel – £13.75 full size. I like samples of shower gels to use for work/holidays but I think this smells too much like my nan. I will try it out and I’m sure I will eventually use it but I’m not excited by it.
5. Green & Blacks dark chocolate – who doesn’t like chocolate?!?! I am surprised I haven’t eaten this yet, and a lovely extra to receive. I love this about Birchbox.
6. Urban Veda Radiance Exfoliating Face Polish – full size £8.00 – this smells epic and is really nice to use. We love getting skincare in our beauty boxes (well make up more) but we haven’t used this for long enough to know how much it effects our skin.
Anything that we use and super love/hate we will do a full review on, so keep checking back! Has anyone else received their Birchboxes this week? If so let us know what you think or if you have any comments on ours! #twolittleowlsblog