C: I got this amazing Benefit Little Love Potions set for Christmas from my lovely parentals. I thought it would be the perfect way of reviewing several Benefit items for all you lovely readers, and let you know which full size products I will be purchasing (when I’m less poor) even though the actual gift set was just available for Christmas.
1. The Porefessional – a primer that minimizes the appearance of pores. I absolutely love this, I have massive pores and nothing will get rid of them! But this amazing primer completely covers them up (second best thing to getting rid of them!) it gives a lovely smooth base for applying my make up, and it lasts ages. I will definitely be re-purchasing and Annie also got a sample of this in her Birchbox and she is buying one too!
2. Its Potent Eye Cream – lovely and thick, I haven’t noticed much difference since using this personally but I have only been using it for about a week. My sister in law uses this every day and she says she would 100% recommend! It helps brighten up her eye area and she is convinced it has got rid of her wrinkles (she didn’t have any in the first place).
3. High Beam – a classic. I absolutely love this. Blends beautifully, looks amazing under my eye brow arch and at top of cheekbones. I’m not entirely convinced I want to give up my Mac Highlighter for this but I am seriously considering it/ re-buying both.
4. Posietint – a lip and cheek stain. I like this. It’s pretty and lasts a good while but that’s all I can say on it. I am not in love, just not my sort of colour but would be perfect on holiday/for a festival when you need products with a multiple-use!
5. Stay don’t Stray – primer for eyeshadow/concealer. This is true love for me. I have an embarrassing love for glitter and this will hold even glitter eye shadows all night without them slowly sliding closer to my chin. Perfect, definite re-buyer!
6. Watts-Up – Highlighter. I like this, don’t love it. I will use it up but I wont be re-purchasing. I just found it harder to blend than the liquid High Beam (probably my lack of skills but never mind). A lovely highlighter though.
7. Badgal Lash – another classic mascara that I am sure you have all heard of. I haven’t actually used this out of my set yet but I have purchased it before and I love it. Thick, dark perfect lashes. I love this and Benefits “They’re Real” Mascara.
8. That Gal – primer. Lovely texture and made my make up last all day. However I just don’t understand how it will “brighten” my face when my foundation is on top?!?! Any suggestions guys? I liked this, but wouldn’t re-buy as Porefessional is more suited to my skin type (I feel very inclined to include mean girls huge pore quotes. I’ll save em for another day!)
9. Hoola – bronzing powder. Really liked this, easy to blend and wasn’t too dark on my pale skin. I am un-sure whether I will re-buy this. I think a comparison between my Mac bronzers may be in order first!
10. Ultra Plush (Hoola) – lipgloss. A lovely colour and sheen, lasted a long time too. I doubt I will re-buy though as I much prefer lipsticks to glosses. However, if you like lip glosses I would recommend this as it wasn’t horrid and sticky like most others I’ve tried (it tasted pretty nice too).
Well I hope that has been interesting/useful. If you own/have tried any of these Benefit goodies please let us know what you think! #twolittleowlsblog